Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my version of a breakfast I had while in Ireland. The version there was made with smoked haddock (finnan haddie). I did not change the butter (can't do without!)but I did cut it in half. I also use fat-free half & half in place of the cream. This is delicious for any meal. I serve it with crusty bread and a salad to make a complete dinner.
- Cover the smoked salmon (remove skin if necessary) in water and gently poach, turning once until fish begins to flake.
- Remove from the poaching liquid (reserve) and break apart with a fork.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, add fish and stir gently for a few minutes.
- Mix in the cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, in bowls, evenly divide the half and half, add small pinch of nutmeg to each and 1/4C poaching liquid.
- Spoon hot rice/fish mixture into bowls and top with chopped egg and minced parsley.