Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A comforting flavoursome traditional Victorian breakfast dish. I personally would rather have it for dinner. The combination of smoked haddock, hard boiled eggs, rice, butter and a hint of curry is fantastic. This was the reason I started to like smoked fish.
- Poach the smoked haddock in the milk for 4 minutes, discard the milk and flake the fish discarding any skin.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the curry powder and flaked fish and warm through.
- Add the chopped eggs and rice then season with salt and pepper to taste. Be careful when mixing not to break up the fish or eggs too much.
- Once warmed through, add the parsley, mix well, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and serve on warmed plates.
- Serve sprinkled with a tiny amount of cayenne pepper if liked.
- On second thoughts, maybe I could eat this for breakfast, so long as someone else made it for me!