Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From daughter Kerri who uses onions in this soup, I use leeks. Kerri also uses kumera (sweet orange potato) as well.
- 750 g pumpkin, jap now named kent
- 2 onions, chopped (2 leeks, sliced)
- 250 g potatoes, chopped (or kumera)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup light cream (or skim evaporated milk)
- Peel and cut pumpkin into small pieces and put into large saucepan.
- Add onions (or leeks), potatoes and stock and bring to boil and simmer 25 mins until soft.
- Process with stick blender then return to pan, add cream (or evap.milk) and seasoning to taste.
- Re-heat without boiling.
Very enjoyable soup - I used onions and added a bit of African spice to my stock with a great result.