Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This recipe is from the Thai Spirit Restaurant and from their newly published cookbook. I have modified it slightly leaving out a coconut garnish. Time does not include 4 hours marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 720 g salmon steaks
- 6 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in bowl and add salmon leave to marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- 2Bring glaze ingredients to boil in pan and simmer 1 minute. Cool. Strain.
- 3Combine all dressing ingredients in bowl.
- 4Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- 5Sear slamon steaks in pan (which can go in oven) with 1 tbs vegetable oil on presentation side.
- 6Turn steaks over and pour over marinade.
- 7Place pan in oven and bake for 5 to 20 minutes depending on taste.
- 8Combine salad ingredients and toss with dressing.
- 9Divide salad onto individual serving plates.
- 10Top with salmon and drizzle glaze around.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kecap Manis Glazed Salmon With Pineapple Salad and Tamarind Dres
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.4
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 346.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: