Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the Thai Spirit Restaurant and from their newly published cookbook. I have modified it slightly leaving out a coconut garnish. Time does not include 4 hours marinating time.
- 720 g salmon steaks
- 6 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 75 ml ketjap manis
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and julienned
- 1 red chile, deseeded and julienned
- 2 tablespoons slice shallots
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint leaf
- Combine marinade ingredients in bowl and add salmon leave to marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Bring glaze ingredients to boil in pan and simmer 1 minute. Cool. Strain.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Sear slamon steaks in pan (which can go in oven) with 1 tbs vegetable oil on presentation side.
- Turn steaks over and pour over marinade.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 5 to 20 minutes depending on taste.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Divide salad onto individual serving plates.
- Top with salmon and drizzle glaze around.