Kebabs With Peanut Sauce (For One or Two)
- Prepare the marinade:.
- Puree the garlic, ginger, scallion and lemon zest in a small food processor. Add the soy sauce, bourbon, sesame oil and white pepper; blend a few seconds.
- Make the kebabs:.
- Place the meat or poultry in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the marinade; toss to coat. Cover and let stand, turning the meat occasionally, for 1 hour at room temperature or 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the broiler or grill. Thread meat onto skewers (if using bamboo skewers, first soak them in water for 15 minutes). Brush meat with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill, turning once, until done as desired, about 3 minutes per side (4 minutes for pork). Serve with peanut sauce.
- To make the peanut sauce:.
- Heat sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend. Whisk in a little water if needed to make sauce spoonable. Note: Store peanut sauce in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.