Scrumptious! From Solo Suppers by Joyce Goldstein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 plump garlic clove, chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion (white and tender green parts)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (or white wine or sherry)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 8 -10 ounces boneless beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes or 8 -10 ounces pork tenderloin or 8 -10 ounces lamb or 8 -10 ounces chicken thigh pieces
- olive oil or peanut oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup peanut sauce
- 1Prepare the marinade:.
- 2Puree the garlic, ginger, scallion and lemon zest in a small food processor. Add the soy sauce, bourbon, sesame oil and white pepper; blend a few seconds.
- 3Make the kebabs:.
- 4Place the meat or poultry in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the marinade; toss to coat. Cover and let stand, turning the meat occasionally, for 1 hour at room temperature or 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- 5Heat the broiler or grill. Thread meat onto skewers (if using bamboo skewers, first soak them in water for 15 minutes). Brush meat with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill, turning once, until done as desired, about 3 minutes per side (4 minutes for pork). Serve with peanut sauce.
- 6To make the peanut sauce:.
- 7Heat sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend. Whisk in a little water if needed to make sauce spoonable. Note: Store peanut sauce in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kebabs With Peanut Sauce (For One or Two)
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2679.1
- Calories from Fat 1915
- Total Fat 212.8 g
- Saturated Fat 64.6 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 6766.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.9 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 122.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef tenderloin