Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dry rub is great on chicken or ribs. It is slightly sweet and works well in the oven during the cold months.
- 1 cup mild paprika
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix first two ingredients until uniform.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- You can add additional red pepper to add some heat.
- Store in airtight container.
Made a half of a batch for our chicken and DH really enjoyed this. I did add a little more red pepper for zing but otherwise followed the instructions. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
This worked great on our chicken thighs. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
I used this mix on some steak strips that I was preparing for Pepper Steak With Rice. Nice flavour and easy to throw together with ingredients that most cooks keep in the pantry. I think this would be good on oven baked chicken too. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013.