Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious beef stew. A great comfort food on a cold night. This is a recipe I came up with myself after trying many variations. My family loves it! Its even better the second day for leftovers.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon McCormick grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon paste, better than bouillon beef flavor
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 large carrots, sliced on an angle
- 5 stalks celery, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Wondra Flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- In a large pot over medium high heat, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add beef stew meat and brown on all sides.
- Remove browned stew meat and set aside. To same pot, add 1/2 cup Marsala Wine to deglaze, scrape bottom of pot to get up all the browned bits. Let Marsala wine reduce a minute or two.
- Add onions to pot and stir. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add browned meat back into pot. Add water to cover meat. Add Better Than Bouillon, grill seasoning and bay leaf. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 2-2 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tablespoons Butter in frying pan. Add sliced mushrooms and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté mushrooms until tender. Add mushrooms to beef Stew pot.
- Slice carrots and celery into chunks. Microwave until tender. Add to beef stew pot about 1/2 hour before serving.
- Once beef is tender, thicken with Wondra flour mixed with water to desired thickness.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles (follow package directions).