Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Quick and easy potato soup for anytime you are carving something warm and satisfying.
- 1 (32 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes (or your choice of favor)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon (your choice of type, pork, turkey, etc.)
- 6 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- To make soup, in a large stock pot place 2 tablespoon of butter or olive oil, diced onions, and bacon. Sauté until the onions begin to brown and the bacon starts to crisp up. Once the onion are light brown and the bacon crisp add the milk. Bring milk up to a slight simmer, add mashed potatoes until you get the soup as thick or as thin as you would like. In the meantime, heat oven to 425 degrees, use the remaining butter or olive oil toss the diced potatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Roast until they begin to brown slightly. Remove and allow to cool. Once you have it at the right consistency to the soup, add the roasted diced potatoes and heat through.
- Serve in bowls and top with your favorite baked potato toppings. Garnish top soup with sour cream, cheddar cheese, diced chives, or whatever you would put on your baked potato.