My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oil/butter in a large pan.
- 2saute garlic on low heat until fragrant - this will allow the oil to be infused with the flavor of the garlic, be careful not to burn/overcook the garlic or it will be bitter.
- 3add onion and continue to heat until onion becomes slightly translucent.
- 4add rice and vegetables, raise heat, stir rice and allow to lightly brown for a few minutes - this will allow the rice to take on a nutty flavor - take care not to burn the rice.
- 5add the stock (2:1 ratio for basic white rice, change if your packaging asks for a different ratio) and season as desired.
- 6cover and turn heat to low, allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes try not to remove the cover unless too much liquid was used (the amount of stock and time needed will depend on the type of rice used, follow the directions on the package of rice you use).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kazi's Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 351.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 13.0 g