Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until very smooth.
- Form into a firm ball.
- Place on lightly floured surface.
- Lightly knead five or six times.
- Form level teaspoonfuls into small balls.
- Place two inches apart on unbuttered baking sheet.
- With fingertips or fork, gently press each ball to slightly flatten it.
- If desired, place a cherry piece in the centre of each.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and firm to the touch.