Recipe by Kay14
This is a recipe that I came up with in high school that I absolutely love. You have to like green taco sauce! If you like green taco sauce then I know you will like these super yummy enchiladas.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts (I usually cheat and get the already cooked chunks of chicken in the deli section)
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups green taco sauce (I use the bottled sauce that you can't read the label because it's in Spanish, that's the good stuff)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion, and sauté for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken, ½ cup cheddar cheese, picante sauce, cream cheese and cumin.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up.
- Place enchiladas in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish; drizzle with taco sauce, and sprinkle with ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve enchiladas immediately.