Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is my own recipe. It is, as the name states, especially tasty,if I do say so myself!! The secret ingredient is Sriracha chili sauce. The chili sauce doesn't make the sandwich spicy at all, just adds flavor! When I make it for people, they say, "MMMMM!! What did you put in here!!??"
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (chili sauce-brand important!)
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
- Throughly mix tuna, onion, mayo, dijon, and sriracha (it is KEY to use this brand of chili sauce) together.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Toast bread.
- Spread tuna mix on toast, top with lettuce, and place the other piece of toast on top to create Kay's Especially Tasty Tuna Sandwich!
Nice twist on a tuna sandwich. My toaster was broken so I didn't toast the bread. Simple and good. Thanks Japanese Delight for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
I was looking for a new way to prep my tuna sandwich & was happy to find this recipe. I'm not big on mayo so I enjoyed the addition of the mustard & chili sauce. Only change I'll make next time is cut the sauce cause I found it abit over-powering for me. Otherwise, it was very tasty, thanks for sharing.
I love this recipe, I've fixed it twice in the last week. I added a bit of lemon juice to the tuna but other than that no changes. Thanks for the great recipe!