Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy recipe from Doug's mom.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, 1-inch cubes
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Place all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook 8-12 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Another great recipe from posted at zaar. This was quick and easy. I doubled the recipe with no problem. I only made two changes. I purchase dried mushrooms from my food warehouse because of the ease so I put them in two hours before serving. I also added two tablespoons quick cooking tapioca to thicken the broth. I added this two hours before serving, also.