Recipe by Snowpeas
Kay lived in Door County and would make this every year from the cherries grown there. Warning - It is strong and the cherries will get you bouncing before the booze will!
- 8 cups tart cherries, with the pits
- 1 3⁄4 liters liquor (Vodka, Brandy, Whiskey etc.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Mix the sugar water and liquor together in a glass gallon jug.
- Screw on the lid and store in a dark, dry place for about six months.
- Note: We make this when the cherries ripen and are available, then we let it sit in the dark until Christmas.
- Also, you can buy the cheapest booze available as the cherries will change the flavor anyway.