Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and water in a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 3Insert 4 cloves in a ring around the top of each apple.
- 4Place apples side by side in the pan and baste with the syrup.
- 5Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 6Simmer, basting occasionally, 15 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- 7Let cool in syrup.
- 8Serve in individual dishes.
- 9Pile whipped cream in the center of each apple.
- 10Top with a tablespoon of the syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaymakli Elma Kompostosu (Poached Apples With Whipped Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g