Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My toddler loves to help make these and eat them too! Very nutritious. They have whole wheat flour, rolled oats, applesauce, yogurt and are sweetened with honey. They are a great snack or as part of a breakfast. If you are lucky enough to have fresh wild blueberries, go ahead and use them!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingrdients to wet and stir. Do not over mix, stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.