1 hr 10 mins
Inspired by Joss Whedon’s television show “Firefly” and movie “Serenity,” this dip is perfect for those fancy shindigs of yours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced, amount to taste (scallions)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar or 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large round sourdough loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and yogurt.
- 3Add the crumbled cooked bacon, roasted pepper, green onions, shallot, garlic, and cheddar cheese, and stir well.
- 4Cut the top off the sourdough loaf and pull out inside to make a bread bowl. Reserve bread pieces from inside as dippers.
- 5Pour mixture into the sourdough bowl, replace the top of the loaf atop, and cover entirely with tin foil.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- 7Serve with reserved sourdough pieces and other dippers.
- 8Makes 8-10 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaylee's Hot Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.6
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 828.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round sourdough loaf