Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Inspired by Joss Whedon’s television show “Firefly” and movie “Serenity,” this dip is perfect for those fancy shindigs of yours!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced, amount to taste (scallions)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar or 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large round sourdough loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and yogurt.
- Add the crumbled cooked bacon, roasted pepper, green onions, shallot, garlic, and cheddar cheese, and stir well.
- Cut the top off the sourdough loaf and pull out inside to make a bread bowl. Reserve bread pieces from inside as dippers.
- Pour mixture into the sourdough bowl, replace the top of the loaf atop, and cover entirely with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sourdough pieces and other dippers.
- Makes 8-10 servings.