Recipe by Kayakgirl in Anchorage, Alaska US
This is a great chicken dish. It takes overnight to prepare so beware. But it is fantastic with a glass of Pinot Grigio after a day of playing in the sun.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lemon juice (Fresh is best)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (low salt works)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 lemon, sliced paper thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Chicken and Lemon Juice cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Fill a plastic bag with the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Shake the chicken in the bag to well covered.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan or dutch oven. Fry chicken till browned and crisp. About five minutes per side.
- Place browned chicken in 9X13 baking pan. Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar.
- Mix chicken broth and lemon juice together and then poor around the chicken.
- Set a thin slice of lemon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.