Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum! A Hawaiin recipe using pumpkin seeds with big taste! Adapted from Blossoming Lotus Restaurant, Kauai, Hawaii. Cook time is soaking time.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, soaked in distilled water for 1-2 hours (pepita)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, whites thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1/8-inch pieces)
- Grind pepita, jalapeno, oil, lime juice, and seasonings in food processor.
- Add water as needed, about 1/2 cup.
- When it's smooth, remove from processor.
- Fold in cilantro, scallions and tomato.
- Enjoy with crackers, as a dip, spread, or a tasty filling.
Really neat and quite tasty. DD2 (4 years old) also liked it as a dip for rice crackers.I used cayenne pepper powder instead of the jalape?o, to taste, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice as the limes are sour right now at the store I shop at, sea salt to taste, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Veggie Swap #47 ~ June 2012 ~