1 hr 15 mins
This recipe supposedly came from Katzinger's Deli in NYC. Clipped from an unknown magazine several years ago. Rich, wonderful, my favorite sweet kugel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente).
- 4Drain noodles well, then return to the hot pan.
- 5Add butter and toss until butter melts and the noodles are coated.
- 6Combine cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- 7Add sour cream and eggs to the sugar mixture and whisk until blended well.
- 8Mix in buttered noodles gently.
- 9Spoon half of the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 10Dot with preserves.
- 11Spoon remaining noodle mixture over preserves layer.
- 12Sprinkle cornflake crumbs all over the top.
- 13Combine cinnamon and remaining 2 Tbsp sugar and sprinkle evenly over the crumbs.
- 14Bake until kugel is set and the top is golden brown, approximately 45 minutes.
- 15Let cool slightly before slicing into 12 squares.
- 16Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katzinger's Noodle Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.9
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 170.5 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g