1/2 Photos of Katy's Gingerbread Cookies
Holiday favorite that family, coworkers, and friends ask for every year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup white sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat over to 350*.
- 2Blend together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3In a separate small bowl combine molasses and 5 tbls. water with a fork.
- 4Stir molasses mixture into butter mixture.
- 5Sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- 6Sift again, and then stir into the butter mixture, 1/2 a cup at a time, until blended.
- 7Wrap dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
- 8You can also freeze the dough at this point for several weeks.
- 9When ready to bake - take dough out of fridge a part at a time.
- 10Grease cookie sheets.
- 11Roll out on lightly floured surface until thin, roughly 1/8 of an inch thick.
- 12Cut dough with floured cookie cutters.
- 13Bake about 8 minutes. Cookies should be just slightly browned on the bottom.
- 14Let cool on rack.
- 15For icing: Combine confectioners sugar, a few drops of water and a few drops of food coloring.
- 16Prep time is to make dough, cook time is the actual rolling and baking. Cookie yield is a guess as it depends on how big your gingerbread man cutter is!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katy's Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 64.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g