Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Chamorro Chorizo or, Island Sausage as some call it steps in as the meat of choice for this interesting island twist to an old recipe. You can see more recipes like this at www.katsons.com
- 1 lb katsons chamorro chorizo sausage
- 2 (28 ounce) canspeeled whole Italian tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced fine
- 3 -4 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 lasagna noodles
- SAUCE METHOD.
- • Heat heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- • Add olive oil.
- • Add onions and garlic, cook until golden.
- • Add chorizo and break up with potato masher or back of spoon. Cook until color of meat changes.
- • Add tomatoes and break up with potato masher.
- • Add salt and pepper, cook for 1 hour.
- • Cook lasagna in boiling salted water per box instructions. Drain and cool.
- • Lightly oil bottom of 13” x 9” baking dish.
- • Add one layer of noodles on the bottom of dish.
- • Add a layer of the meat sauce.
- • Add a layer of ricotta cheese.
- • Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- • Add a layer of noodles.
- • Repeat last 4 steps until all of the ingredients are gone.
- • Finish with sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- • Cook in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 – 60 minutes.
- • Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving.