Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For the mushroom lovers! I have been asked for this recipe by family members since I first made it 13 years ago. This is the first time I've tried to put actual measurements to it, so feel free to tweak it to your taste!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps.
- Dice stems, garlic, green onions and ham. (I pulse everything in my food processor).
- Heat oil and butter on medium-high. Saute above mixture for 3-5 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Pour in wine; bring to a low rolling simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until liqid is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over mixture. Stir until just mixed, then remove from heat.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture and place on cookie sheet with raised edges.
- Lightly sprinkle tops of stuffed mushrooms with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.