Recipe by sassykat1213
For the mushroom lovers! I have been asked for this recipe by family members since I first made it 13 years ago. This is the first time I've tried to put actual measurements to it, so feel free to tweak it to your taste!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I'm not a fan of the mushroom, I don't mind eating them raw with a dip! However, recently I've prepared a handful of mushroom recipes, & the results have been encouraging to my tastebuds! I followed this recipe with one exception ~ I bake the stuffed buggers only about 8-9 minutes & that worked out just fine for both myself & my mushroom-loving other half! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 24 button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch green onion
- 6 slices honey-roasted ham
- 1⁄4 cup white zinfandel wine or 1⁄4 cup berry wine cooler
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps.
- Dice stems, garlic, green onions and ham. (I pulse everything in my food processor).
- Heat oil and butter on medium-high. Saute above mixture for 3-5 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Pour in wine; bring to a low rolling simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until liqid is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over mixture. Stir until just mixed, then remove from heat.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture and place on cookie sheet with raised edges.
- Lightly sprinkle tops of stuffed mushrooms with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.