Recipe by Katrilla
This is an easy and tasty coffee cake that can be made fairly quickly. A hit with everyone that has ever had it, a great cake to share.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour (if using self rising flour, omit baking powder, baking soda & salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease tube pan (10x4) or 2 loaf pans (9x5x3).
- Combine butter sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Alternately mix in dry ingredients and sour cream or yogurt.
- For tube pan, spread 1/3 of batter (about 2 cups) in pan and sprinkle about 1/3 of filling (about 6 Tbsp), repeat twice.
- For loaf pans, spread 1/4 of batter (about 1 1/2 cups) in each pan and sprinkle with 1/4 filling (about 5 Tbsp), repeat.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan(s) before removing.