Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My sis is selling this at her restaurant for $4-$5 a slice. (Hope she is not reading.) 4 ingredients...what a cheap, fast, and easy treat or brunch dish. Hope you enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese in the shell.
- Beat eggs then add in the whipping cream.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add remaining cheese and stir lightly.
- Pour in frozen pie shell.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until set.
- Note: you can add just about any filling and it turns out just great.
- Just be sure to lightly saute any fresh vegetables before adding.
- Sprinkle filling into pie shell before adding eggs mixture.
- Redistribute filling gently with rubber spatula.
I made this with light cream and light cheese, broccoli, onion, and a small green pepper. Nice! This makes a good base for any kind of quiche you want to make.
This is delicious! It will also be my base for all my quiches from now on. I may also try it without the crust for lower carbs. I added sauteed mushrooms and some chopped ham. Thanks for a winner.
This quiche is amazing! It was so fast and easy to put together and the taste is wonderful. I used a Mexican cheese blend. The eggs were so moist and fluffy it was almost like a souffle in texture. I will be making this again and again! We added Pace Picante sauce on top. Yum! This quiche is awesome as is, but I could also see it would be a great base for any kind of add-in you might want--like bacon or green onions, chopped tomatoes, etc. Thanks for a keeper Jaymee. :-)