Recipe by Kit_Kat
This recipe replaced my former chocolate chip cookie recipe! They have such a nice texture and wonderful flavor. I do recommend using Jell-O brand pudding. Some off brands have worked fine, but some give them a very fake vanilla taste.
Top Review by Erindipity
Great cookie recipe. I made this recipe and recipe #296761, which is very similar. This recipe created cookies that were thicker and did not spread as much. We liked these better, however it is a personal preference as we could detect no difference in the taste. The cookies are great with a sweet flavor and a soft chewy texture. I used a 5 oz box of pudding because it was what I had. Of note also, it was a box of Market Pantry (Target) brand. I have used this before in similar recipes and find it works well. I can not vouch for other store brands though. I also added 1/4 t of salt since I was using unsalted butter. I used all butter as well as I didn't have any margarine. I baked my cookies for 8 minutes. Cooling on the sheet is an important step. Again great cookies and thank you for the recipes. I got 47 cookies using a small cookie scoop.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flieschman's margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, margarine, sugars, and pudding mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together: flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture one cup at a time, mixing just to combine after each addition.
- Stir chocolate chips and nuts in by hand after all the dry mixture is mixed inches.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove sheets from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to complete cooling.