Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my summer "Bring a dish" favorite. The way I make it, I only have 6 layers. This recipe is made without beans, but can easily be adapted for those who want to use beans. I love this recipe. It has a great light taste and is very easy to customize to your personal preferences. It's always a big hit. I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from someone else.
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips, for dipping
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and taco seasoning together until well blended. I use Old El Paso taco seasoning that comes in a can, so I can adjust the taco seasoning up or down to suit my tastes. That also makes it easier if you want to halve the recipe.
- Layer 1 - Sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning blend.
- Layer 2 - Cheese.
- Layer 3 - Red Onion.
- Layer 4 - Green Peppers.
- Layer 5 - Tomatoes.
- Layer 6 - Lettuce.
- I like putting the lettuce on top in this dip, as it helps the lettuce stay crisper longer.