Recipe by schmme
From Katrina, a family recipe that she was generous enough to share with me. Yum!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I did include all the ingredients you listed, the amounts were kind of juggled around! I used a small head of both the cauliflower & lettuce, used just half a pound of bacon & 2/3 of the mayo. I also used a sweet onion! And, although I like raw cauliflower, my other half prefers it at least slightly steamed, so I did that, too. All that is a good cause, apparently, because the end result was a great tasting salad! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bitesize pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (30 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cauliflower apart, removing stalks and core. Cut and crumble cauliflower florets into small pieces.
- Layer the lettuce on the bottom.
- Layer the cauliflower, onion, bacon.
- Repeat until lettuce, cauliflower, onion and bacon are used.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the top.
- Seal with mayonaise.
- Chill overnight.
- Stir all ingredients to mix when ready to serve.