Recipe by Baby Kato
I love smoked salmon and cream cheese. I have tried alot of them, quite a few from here on Zaar. So I decided to try my own....I took my favorite ingredients and threw them all together to create this truly tasty sandwich. I always add a little extra smoked salmon, cause I love it...I hope that you will enjoy this version. Add these ingredients to suit your personal tastes. The longer the cream cheese mixture sits in the fridge, the better it will taste. This is wonderful served on a large toasted sesame bagel for lunch or it makes a great appetizer when served on plain fresh mini bagels.
Top Review by teresas
So very yummy...what I really enjoyed was the flavor of the cucumber...at first I was leery of using it...but it adds a refreshing taste...I used smoke salmon from an Indian reservation on the coast...it was Chinook salmon...I doubled the red onion only because I didn't have any shallots...and used finely grated lemon peel for the lemon grass...next time I will us the lesser amount of salt...was a tad bit salty for me...but spot on for DH...and I only used 1 tbls of the real maple syrup...this was a test run for both Christmas eve and New Years eve...two parties but different people...it's a keeper and I'm sure it will be gone in a flash at both gatherings...I made this as an appetizer...this makes way too much for just one bagel...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...=)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened, room temperature, good quality
- 1⁄4 cup smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 green onion, large, coarsely chopped (your preference)
- 1⁄8 cup cucumber, finey, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, sweet, red, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shallot, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemongrass, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, coarse
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1 -3 tablespoon maple syrup, pure, good quality (your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl add all the ingredient.
- Mix well, making sure that everything is blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Toast bagel and add the cream cheese mixture to it.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.