Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This dish needs to be marinated overnight to really appreciate the flavour of the spices. It is a very flavourful, easy to prepare dish, perfect for entertaining, best when served medium rare, at room temperature.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef tenderloin fillets (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce, dark
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey, liquid (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (may sub with peanut oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the tenderloin fillet 2/3 of the way thru, make five cuts for 5 equal serving portions.
- Put meat into a shallow glass dish.
- Next combine, soya sauce, garlic, curry paste, pepper, honey, oil and salt.
- Coat the meat with marinating sauce and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnite.
- Reserve marinade for basting.
- Bring meat to room temperature for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Using a shallow pan bake tenderloin fillet at 500 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, remember to baste every 5 minutes.
- If the sauce is drying up too quickly add small amounts of water to pan to obtain your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the sauce over the tenderloins and enjoy.
- We love this beef dish served with roasted mini potatoes, pan fried whole small cremi mushrooms and steamed asparagus with lemon.
This recipe has LOADS of flavor. I loved the combination of sweet and spicy. I couldn't find a beef tenderloin when I went to the supermarket, so I had to substitute it with a flat iron steak which worked out beautifully. I also grilled the meat instead of baking it. The meat was tender and juicy and the flavors just exploded in my mouth. Thanks for another terrific recipe, BK. Made for Nov. 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.
WOW! What a marinade - as you can see by the photo I sliced up my beef and cooked it in the marinade, added just 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and some veggies. ATTENTION: You do NOT want to waste one drop of this marinade - it IS that GREAT!
What a wonderful marinade!!! Have not changed a thing...will make again, thanks !!!