Recipe by Baby Kato
The apricot lemon glaze makes a nice contrast to the savoury filling. This is very easy to make and looks very impressive. This dish is wonderful served with fresh fruit, a simple salad and rice.
Top Review by awalde
Thanks a lot Kato for this delicious and light dinner.This was very easy to assemble and had been highly appreciated. I sprikled some sesame sead on the pies and I added little more thyme and cheese as we love this with chicken.This is a really easy but surprisingly good recipe!
- 8 sheet phyllo dough
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and flattened
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, cleaned,diced
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml flour
- 28.39 ml dry white wine, good quality
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, coarsley grated
Apricot Lemon Glaze
- 118.29 ml apricot preserves, could use peach
- 2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1- Filling.
- In a sauce pan saute mushroom in 2 tbsp of butter until golden brown, then set aside.
- Next lightly saute shallots and garlic in same pan.
- Mix mushrooms and shallots together add thyme, salt, pepper and flour to vegetables and mix well.
- Now add the white wine and cook till all liquid is absorbed.
- Taste, reseason if necessary and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled add grated cheese to mixture.
- Step 2- Phyllo Preparation- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with melted butter.
- Place a second sheet over the first and brush with melted butter.
- Place the flattened chicken breast in the lower half of the phyllo sheet.
- Put 1/4 of the filling mixture ontop of the chicken.
- Fold the sides of the phyllo over the chicken envelope style.
- Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, brush with melted butter.
- Do the same to remaining chicken and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Step 3- Apricot Lemon Glaze.
- Heat apricot preserves and lemon juice together until well mixed.
- Pour a small amount of glaze overtop of cooked phyllo chicken and serve the rest of the sauce on the side.