1/4 Photos of Kato's Phyllo Chicken Surprise
Baby Kato's Note:
The apricot lemon glaze makes a nice contrast to the savoury filling. This is very easy to make and looks very impressive. This dish is wonderful served with fresh fruit, a simple salad and rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, cleaned,diced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 cup dry white wine, good quality
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, coarsley grated
Apricot Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, could use peach
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1Step 1- Filling.
- 2In a sauce pan saute mushroom in 2 tbsp of butter until golden brown, then set aside.
- 3Next lightly saute shallots and garlic in same pan.
- 4Mix mushrooms and shallots together add thyme, salt, pepper and flour to vegetables and mix well.
- 5Now add the white wine and cook till all liquid is absorbed.
- 6Taste, reseason if necessary and set aside to cool.
- 7Once cooled add grated cheese to mixture.
- 8Step 2- Phyllo Preparation- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 9Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with melted butter.
- 10Place a second sheet over the first and brush with melted butter.
- 11Place the flattened chicken breast in the lower half of the phyllo sheet.
- 12Put 1/4 of the filling mixture ontop of the chicken.
- 13Fold the sides of the phyllo over the chicken envelope style.
- 14Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, brush with melted butter.
- 15Do the same to remaining chicken and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- 16Step 3- Apricot Lemon Glaze.
- 17Heat apricot preserves and lemon juice together until well mixed.
- 18Pour a small amount of glaze overtop of cooked phyllo chicken and serve the rest of the sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kato's Phyllo Chicken Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.0
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 164.2 mg
- Sodium 910.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g