1/21 Photos of Kato's Cornbread
Baby Kato's Note:
This is a wonderful...easy bread...and you can add to it easily...try adding crisp fried bacon, pepperoni, cheddar cheese or hot peppers...(do so in moderation) What makes this bread special...(you soak the cornmeal in the milk for 15 min. without stirring...to get rid of the grittiness)...makes a lovely mellow bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix cornmeal and milk together and let sit at room temperature for 10- 15 min, to get rid of grittiness.
- 3Sift together: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add to cornmeal mixture after sitting time has elapsed.
- 5Beat 1 egg and add to cornmeal mixture.
- 6Last pour oil or melted shortening into cornmeal mixture.
- 7Grease pan lightly and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minute.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kato's Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 458.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g