1/4 Photos of Kato's Blackberry & Blueberry Muffins
Baby Kato's Note:
These muffins are at their best when served warm with plain or peach butter. They are very quick and easy to make. If you can find them, wild blueberries have a deeper flavor. Frozen fruit may be used, but need to be thawed first. This is a very versatile recipe, feel free to experiment with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, white
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup blackberry, fresh
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh, wild
- 1 cup milk, 2
- 1 egg, jumbo (or extra large)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, white (garnish)
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg (garnish)
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon (garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon rind in a large bowl.
- 3Stir the blackberries and blueberries into the flour mixture, coating the fruit well.
- 4Next add the milk, egg and butter, mixing just until moistened.
- 5Do not overbeat, the batter should be lumpy.
- 6In a small bowl mix the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon together.
- 7Pour the batter into greased muffin cups and top with the sugar spice garnish.
- 8Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kato's Blackberry & Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g