- 3 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom (any on hand)
- 6 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 -12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup any 'drinkable' red wine (our fave is Chianti by Ruffino)
- 4 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle, brown beef with veggies. Add the tomato paste.and continue browning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and top off with approx 8 cups of water.
- Simmer for 4 to 6 hours. Never put the lid on tight -- it will make your sauce watery!
- Stir frequently.have plenty of crusty Italian bread on hand for dipping (taste testing)!