Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite at Aunt Katie and Uncle Pat's house from the family collection.
- 354.88 ml water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 14.79 ml finely chopped onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml milk
- In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the salmon.