Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite at Aunt Katie and Uncle Pat's house from the family collection.
Make and share this Katie's Salmon Steaks With Dill Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the salmon.