Recipe by Lynn T.
I neighbor in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, gave me this recipe years ago. It takes very little mayonnaise, and yet the taste is so unique that everyone loves it.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup celery, cut up
- 10 cooked peeld and cubed russet potatoes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- prepared yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Mix the onion, hard boiled eggs, celery and potatoes in a large bowl.
- 2.In a medium saucepan, over very low heat, add the whisked eggs, with the flour and stir
- 3.To this mixture add the sugar, vinegar and milk. Keep stirring until mixture is thick and smooth.
- 4. Put the sauce in the refrigerator for about one hour until cold.
- 5. Add the mayonnaise and mustard to the chilled sauce and mix.
- 6. Pour over the potato mixture and stir until well blended.
- 7. Chill until ready to serve.
- 8. You can top with more hard boiled eggs and green onion for presentation
- Tip: If you need to thicken the sauce you can take a little cornstarch and cold water -- stir together and pour into sauce.