Chef #602947's Note:
I neighbor in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, gave me this recipe years ago. It takes very little mayonnaise, and yet the taste is so unique that everyone loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup celery, cut up
- 10 cooked peeld and cubed russet potatoes
- 11.Mix the onion, hard boiled eggs, celery and potatoes in a large bowl.
- 22.In a medium saucepan, over very low heat, add the whisked eggs, with the flour and stir
- 33.To this mixture add the sugar, vinegar and milk. Keep stirring until mixture is thick and smooth.
- 44. Put the sauce in the refrigerator for about one hour until cold.
- 55. Add the mayonnaise and mustard to the chilled sauce and mix.
- 66. Pour over the potato mixture and stir until well blended.
- 77. Chill until ready to serve.
- 88. You can top with more hard boiled eggs and green onion for presentation
- 9Tip: If you need to thicken the sauce you can take a little cornstarch and cold water -- stir together and pour into sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katie's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: