Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for pizza and calzones, this one can be made at home or over the campfire. Does not use bread machine.
- Disolve yeast, 1/2 tsp sugar, and pinch of salt in warm water (110-115 degrees).
- Let rise 10-15 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center, and pour yeast mixture and oil.
- Mix until you have a soft dough.
- Add a bit more flour if too sitcky.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until you have a workable dough.
- Let rise about 15 min (until doubled) in an oiled bowl, covered with a towel.
- For Pizza: Roll out place on stone and brush with garlic salt and olive oil. Bake 15-20 minute.
- For Calzones: Wrap the dough over your filling. Then mix some egg, oil, and garlic salt together and brush it on top to make it crispy. You can even chop up some herbs to spread on or mix with the dough. If you're camping you'll want to get some tin foil to put over the grill because they can be kind of messy. It definitely takes a bit of time to cook (you'll want a hot fire or charcoal) but keep the flames from burning the dough. It's kind of tricky but I always figure when you're camping you have plenty of time to watch it.