Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My most requested party snack! Easily made and easily doubled! If you prefer mild salsa, only use 1 jalapeno and/or do not add the seeds. Prep time does not include chill time. If you don't chill it overnight, the flavors won't mix and it won't be very juicy(although it still tastes great). *TIP* Use scissors instead of a knife for the cilantro, it's MUCH easier!
- 3 large tomatoes (extra is better!)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, minced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Seed and dice tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Add onion, jalapenos, and garlic.
- Finely chop cilantro and add.
- Toss the mixture and squeeze the lime over it.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (tasting is a must!).
- Mix once more and chill overnight for best results.
Wonderful salsa,I doubled the peppers and added tomatoes, other than that ....my favorite salsa. Thank you so much.
Salsa...the dance of intimate passion and addiction. Oh. Wrong kind of 'hot' salsa. Still addictive. Made for PAC Fall '09
love Salsa and love it fresh & hot, it was great, thanks for sharing. Made for Spring Pac 2009