Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
I had dethawed a whole chicken the other night. Katie decided to come over and help me decide what to do with it. She said she thought honey and pineapple sounded yummy. I told her to look up Hawiian Chicken because that sounded just like what she wanted. We never found a recipe to suit our needs for the time so we threw caution to the wind and made this. The chicken came out moist and tasty! The glaze can be halved.
- cut up chicken.
- place in a greased 13 x 9.
- preheat oven to 325.
- rub salt and pepper on chicken.
- melt margarine in a bowl.
- add honey (we used two different kinds).
- stir in brown sugar and egg.
- mince garlic and add.
- drain pineapple reserving juice.
- drizzle a spoonful of juice on each peice of chicken.
- do the same with glaze.
- cut cherries in half.
- add half the pineapple and cherries.
- place chicken in oven for 30 min.
- remove and drizzle more juice and sauce.
- add the rest of the fruit.
- cook 20 more minutes.
- turn chicken and cook another 20.
- remove and enjoy!