Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Originally from Taste of Home Test Kitchen. A favorite at Aunt Katie & Uncle Pat's house from the family collection.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml instant coffee granules
- 14.79 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml baking cocoa
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg, egg white and sugar. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add the coffee, butter and corn syrup to egg mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.