Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally from Taste of Home Test Kitchen. A favorite at Aunt Katie & Uncle Pat's house from the family collection.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg, egg white and sugar. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add the coffee, butter and corn syrup to egg mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.