katie in the UP's Note:
I started tossing this and that into the pan....and we really really liked the results! Posted for safe keeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (leftover grilled breasts worked great!)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced in strips
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced in strips
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced using both white and green parts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes (optional but we love them!) (optional)
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled (leftovers again)
- 1Heat wok (or large frying pan).
- 2Add 2 tbls peanut oil.
- 3Quickly add all fresh veggies, garlic and ginger.
- 4Stir for approx 1 minute then add beaten egg.
- 5Before egg is completely set up (45 seconds or so) add chicken.
- 6Add rice and Tamari soy sauce I just guessed at the amount of soy sauce I add until rice is the brownish color we like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katie's Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 1398.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: