Recipe by katie in the UP
I started tossing this and that into the pan....and we really really liked the results! Posted for safe keeping!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (leftover grilled breasts worked great!)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced in strips
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced using both white and green parts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup tamari soy sauce (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes (optional but we love them!) (optional)
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled (leftovers again)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok (or large frying pan).
- Add 2 tbls peanut oil.
- Quickly add all fresh veggies, garlic and ginger.
- Stir for approx 1 minute then add beaten egg.
- Before egg is completely set up (45 seconds or so) add chicken.
- Add rice and Tamari soy sauce I just guessed at the amount of soy sauce I add until rice is the brownish color we like.