Recipe by Sharon123
Gleaned from the Today's Kitchen Cookbook, recipes from the Today show. This is from Katie Couric.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This chicken was flavorful and easy to make. DH and DS's really liked it; I thought the lemon flavor was a bit strong, but then again I am not a huge fan of sour flavors. Made for Sharon123 Cook-A-Thon.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked basmati rice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat pounder to a uniform thickness. Dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and oil until it sizzles. Add the chicken breasts and saute, turning once or twice, until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute until the mixture boils.
- Add the lemon juice to the chicken broth and whisk into the saute pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Return the chiken to the pan to heat through, thickening sauce to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of basmati rice and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy!