Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gleaned from the Today's Kitchen Cookbook, recipes from the Today show. This is from Katie Couric.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked basmati rice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat pounder to a uniform thickness. Dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and oil until it sizzles. Add the chicken breasts and saute, turning once or twice, until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute until the mixture boils.
- Add the lemon juice to the chicken broth and whisk into the saute pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Return the chiken to the pan to heat through, thickening sauce to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of basmati rice and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy!
This chicken was flavorful and easy to make. DH and DS's really liked it; I thought the lemon flavor was a bit strong, but then again I am not a huge fan of sour flavors. Made for Sharon123 Cook-A-Thon.
Delicious! I think using 2 full lemons was what did the trick in giving it enough lemon taste to satisfy even the biggest lemon appetites in my household. We all enjoyed this, and there was enough sauce to pour over the chicken and a generous serving of basmati rice. Thanks Sharon123. Made for Zaar World Tour #6, cooking on the Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens team.
Yum, yum, yummo!!! Great lemon chicken dinner!!! I made this as written but only making 1/2 of the recipe, as I used four thin chicken cutlets. I did season my flour with salt and pepper, and after chicken was cooked, I added a little minced garlic to the mix with the broth (which I used half of and then the other half dry white wine). I served it with a pasta recipe of mine, Fettuccine All'alfredo, per DS's request instead of rice. The photo is of his plate, as he was hungry before 5 pm and DH and I weren't so hungry yet, too early!! He ate all that was on that plate plus 4 pieces of garlic bread, what a eating machine!!! Thanks Sharon for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.