1/1 Photo of Katie Couric's Lemon Bars
I tore this recipe out of People magazine in the May 14, 2012 edition. Katie Couric says this recipe is a tradition and the perfect treat for Mother's Day. They are a little cakey on the bottom and then gooey like a delicious lemon pie and tart like lemon drop candies. I used cake flour and got great results. You can use all purpose flour as well. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Lightly grease a 13"x9" baking pan; set aside.
- 3In a food processor, blend confectioners' sugar, 2 cups flour and salt.
- 4Add butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- 5Press into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Meanwhile beat the eggs, 2 cups sugar, 6 teaspoons flour and lemon juice until well combined.
- 8Stir in lemon rind.
- 9Pour this mixture on top of baked mixture; bake an additional 25 minutes.
- 10Cool completely and sprinkle with sifted confectioners' (powdered) sugar.
- 11Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katie Couric's Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 103.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g