Recipe by Lolagrape
This cake-like bread with its sugary crust is traditionally served Christmas morning at our house. It differs from most other strawberry bread recipes in that it contains no nuts or cinnamon.
Top Review by karen0430
I noticed that the previous review noted that the bread was too soft, and fell apart, so i DRAINED the strawberries well before adding them, and the bread turned out PERFECT!! everyone loved it. i will be making this again for sure!!!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and sugar two 9 x 5 loaf pans. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix oil and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Add flour, soda and salt.
- Add thawed strawberries and mix.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tests clean.