Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from Sue Lou's Mediterranean Lentil and Spinach Soup (which is great as written)
Make and share this Kathy's Split Pea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse split peas and put in pot (or Crock Pot, which works really well).
- slice or dice onions, carrots, potato (I use food processor) and add them to pot.
- add spices, water and bullion, cook for about 2 hours, until peas are mush (or 4-5 hours on high in crock pot).
- Chop Spinach and add with about 20 min to go.
- garnish, if desired with sour cream or sherry. I don't use either.