Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and kid-friendly spaghetti sauce from my mother-in-law.
- 6 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 link Italian sausage (approx 1/4 lb)
- In a large stock pot, combine tomato sauce through salt and pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in butter until the onions are clear.
- Add veggie mixture to the sauce.
- Using the same pan, brown the ground beef and italian sausage (removing the casing).
- Drain the meat and add it to the sauce.
- Simmer the sauce until ready to serve.