A delicious and kid-friendly spaghetti sauce from my mother-in-law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 1/2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 link Italian sausage (approx 1/4 lb)
- 1In a large stock pot, combine tomato sauce through salt and pepper, bring to a simmer.
- 2Meanwhile, saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in butter until the onions are clear.
- 3Add veggie mixture to the sauce.
- 4Using the same pan, brown the ground beef and italian sausage (removing the casing).
- 5Drain the meat and add it to the sauce.
- 6Simmer the sauce until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathy's Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 1481.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: